UGC Care List of Journals 2021-2022: The full form of UGC is the University Grants Commission of India (UGC India). The University Grants Commission of India (UGC India) is the primary regulatory body created by the Government of India in accordance with the UGC Act 1956 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It has been made responsible for coordinating Indian universities, setting standards for Indian universities and maintaining standards of higher education in India. So it accepts universities in India. It also spends and gives grants to universities and colleges that it has approved or accredited.
The main function of the UGC is to allocate funds to its needy institutions and to provide impartial and respected expert advice to the government on strategic development and requirements for resources for higher education in India. Today, the UGC manages one of the largest higher education systems in the world.
UGC का पूर्ण रूप भारतीय विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग (UGC India) है। भारतीय विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग (यूजीसी इंडिया) मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय के तहत यूजीसी अधिनियम 1956 के अनुसार भारत सरकार द्वारा बनाई गई प्राथमिक नियामक संस्था है। इसे भारतीय विश्वविद्यालयों के समन्वय, भारतीय विश्वविद्यालयों के लिए मानक निर्धारित करने और भारत में उच्च शिक्षा के मानकों को बनाए रखने के लिए जिम्मेदार बनाया गया है। यह भारत में विश्वविद्यालयों को स्वीकार करता है। यह उन विश्वविद्यालयों और कॉलेजों को भी खर्च करता है और अनुदान देता है जिन्हें उसने अनुमोदित या मान्यता प्राप्त है।
यूजीसी का मुख्य कार्य अपने जरूरतमंद संस्थानों को धन आवंटित करना और भारत में उच्च शिक्षा के लिए संसाधनों के लिए रणनीतिक विकास और आवश्यकताओं पर सरकार को निष्पक्ष और सम्मानित विशेषज्ञ सलाह प्रदान करना है। आज, यूजीसी दुनिया की सबसे बड़ी उच्च शिक्षा प्रणालियों में से एक का प्रबंधन करता है।
Backstory of UGC
- The UGC (University Grants Commission) was designed in accordance with the UK’s University Grants Committee, with similar duties of keeping higher education under control.
- The UGC was originally created to oversee the major universities of India. The Universities of Calcutta, Bombay (now Mumbai) and Madras were established in 1857, followed by the University of Allahabad in 1887. Now to manage them, there was the Inter-University Board (later known as the Association of Indian Universities). Formed in 1925. Its primary duty was to promote the activities of the University. It did so by sharing information and collaboration in education, culture, sports and allied fields.
- This was the first attempt to create a national system of education in India way back in 1944. Therefore the constitution of the University Grants Committee was recommended.
- Report of the Central Advisory Board of Education, also known as the Sargent Report, on post-war educational development in India. The UGC originally designated the task of overseeing the work of the three central universities of Aligarh, Banaras and Delhi. It was formed in 1945. Also in 1947, its responsibility was extended to cover all Indian universities.
Few more Facts
- After independence, the University Education Commission (UEC) was set up in 1948 under Dr S. Radhakrishnan, the first chairman of the UGC, to “report on the education being provided by Indian universities and suggest any changes or improvements and extensions”. was done.
- Then the government decided in 1952 that all grants to universities and higher education institutions should be controlled by the UGC. Accordingly, the University Grants Commission (UGC) was formally inaugurated by the then Minister of Education, Natural Resources and Scientific Research, Shri Maulana Abul Kalam. Azad, on 28 December 1953.
- Also, the University Grants Commission Act was passed in November 1956 which established the UGC as the apex statutory body to oversee the functioning of Indian universities and higher education in India.
- However, the UGC was formally inaugurated and established only in November 1956 as the apex statutory body of the Government of India through an Act of Parliament to fulfil the objective of coordinating, determining and maintaining standards of university education in India. Went.
- In 1994 and 1995, the UGC decided to centralize control of its operations by setting up six regional centres and offices at Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bhopal, Guwahati and Bangalore. The head office of the UGC is located at Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg in New Delhi, with two additional offices operating from Firoz Shah Road and also from the South Campus of Delhi University.
What are UGC Approved Journals/UGC Care List?
- Journals are the medium through which budding candidates publish their articles about their research. These sources have been made available on account of UGC.
- If candidates choose any other private journal other than the UGC care list for their research, it is not considered valid. Although, the list of UGC approved journals has now been replaced by UGC – CARE.
- UGC aims to help encourage, empower and develop Indian academics through its “Quality Mandate”. So the aim of the UGC is to eradicate any plagiarism and substandard material that may harm the reputation and standards of international research.
How to publish a paper in UGC approved journal?
- If you are looking for publication of a paper in UGC approved journal then the following is complete information, for that, you have to follow all steps.
- Submit the research article and manuscript via email or online submission in .DOC/.DOCX file format. For online submission, you need to click on the official link. You will also have to write “Submission of Manuscript/Research Paper: Name of Paper” through mail along with the paper category and the name, designation, and contact number of the author in the message body of the email.
- After submission, the research paper or manuscript should be prepared in paper format and the language should be English. You can then track the submitted paper status online through login author account .for login. But you have to use a paper registration id.
- Thereafter, you will receive the paper to accept or reject the notification. If you get rejection then you have to amend as per the review committee.
- When the publication fee is paid and submitted, you are required to submit the documents by author form to the editor in a single mail that is asked to be submitted.
Importance of UGC Care
- UGC is the lifeline of the Indian education system. Its main priority is to look after everything related to higher education in India. It was established for this sole purpose, to maintain quality and harmony among universities, government and community.
- The UGC has several ways of working there, such as the standards of universities approved by the UGC and the UGC CARE which sets a benchmark for scientific journals.
- So without the UGC, there would have been a lot of discrepancies between Indian academics and no strict standards for how universities should function to award useless undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- Therefore a strict set of standards maintained by the UGC ensures that everything is in order and that every university is adequately funded and taken care of
- यूजीसी भारतीय शिक्षा प्रणाली की जीवन रेखा है; इसकी मुख्य प्राथमिकता भारत में उच्च शिक्षा से जुड़ी हर चीज की देखभाल करना है। यह विश्वविद्यालयों; सरकार और समुदाय के बीच गुणवत्ता और सद्भाव बनाए रखने के एकमात्र उद्देश्य के लिए स्थापित किया गया था।
- इसलिए यूजीसी के पास वहां काम करने के कई तरीके हैं; जैसे यूजीसी द्वारा अनुमोदित विश्वविद्यालयों के मानक और यूजीसी केयर जो वैज्ञानिक पत्रिकाओं के लिए एक बेंचमार्क सेट करते हैं।
- यूजीसी के बिना; भारतीय शिक्षाविदों के बीच बहुत सारी विसंगतियां होतीं और विश्वविद्यालयों को बेकार स्नातक और स्नातकोत्तर डिग्री प्रदान करने के लिए कैसे काम करना चाहिए; इसके लिए कोई सख्त मानक नहीं होते।
- यूजीसी द्वारा बनाए गए मानकों का एक सख्त सेट यह सुनिश्चित करता है कि सब कुछ क्रम में है और प्रत्येक विश्वविद्यालय को पर्याप्त रूप से वित्त पोषित किया जाता है और इसका ध्यान रखा जाता है।
What is the UGC care list journal?
The UGC-CARE List includes journals from all disciplines indexed in globally accepted databases; such as those indexed in Scopus (Source list) or Web of Science (Arts and Humanities Citation Index Source Publication; Science Citation Index Expanded Source Publication, Social Science Citation Index Source Publication).
What is UGC Care?
- The UGC has established a Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE); to match global standards of high-quality research in all academic disciplines; under its purview and ensure the prevention of academic malpractices; involving students, and faculty, and Plagiarism is involved in academic writing among researchers. , and employees.
- UGC-CARE has been established to identify, continuously monitor, report and maintain the “UGC-CARE Reference List of Quality Journals”. This is a standard quality that every magazine should follow.
- A journal not following this reference list is considered invalid.
How can I check my UGC Care List Journal?
Open the home page of the ABCD portal and type/paste the ISSN number; on the search bar and click on the search button. The search result gives the journal information such as name, country, indexing information, submission link, area of publication, etc.
What is Group 1 and Group 2 UGC Care List?
UGC CARE LIST Group I: Journals found eligible through UGC-CARE protocol. UGC CARE LIST GROUP II: Hence, Journal is indexed in the globally recognized database.
What is the difference between Scopus and UGC Care List?
UGC CARE LIST is a list of journals approved by UGC, India for the purpose of calculation of API Score; which is used as a tool for assessment of person applying for teaching positions. Scopus is an indexing and abstraction service provided by Elsevier.