Types Of Doctors List: You may call them simply doctors. Hence most doctors have extra expertise in one type of medicine or another. And in fact, there are several hundred medical specialities and subspecialties. As we know, when a person has a medical concern, they may turn to a doctor for help. And there are many types of doctors, and a person’s specific concerns will usually determine the type of doctor they choose. As there are many types of doctors, there are divided into two main categories: primary care and speciality care. And within these two groups, doctors vary widely in their speciality area and level of training.
डॉक्टरों की सूची के प्रकार: आप उन्हें केवल डॉक्टर कह सकते हैं। इसलिए अधिकांश डॉक्टरों के पास किसी न किसी प्रकार की दवा में अतिरिक्त विशेषज्ञता होती है। और वास्तव में, कई सौ चिकित्सा विशेषताएँ और उप-विशेषताएँ हैं। जैसा कि हम जानते हैं, जब किसी व्यक्ति को कोई चिकित्सीय चिंता होती है, तो वह मदद के लिए डॉक्टर के पास जा सकता है। और कई प्रकार के डॉक्टर हैं, और किसी व्यक्ति की विशिष्ट चिंताएं आमतौर पर उनके द्वारा चुने गए डॉक्टर के प्रकार को निर्धारित करती हैं। चूंकि कई प्रकार के डॉक्टर हैं, इसलिए उन्हें दो मुख्य श्रेणियों में बांटा गया है: प्राथमिक देखभाल और विशेष देखभाल। और इन दो समूहों के भीतर, डॉक्टर अपने विशेष क्षेत्र और प्रशिक्षण के स्तर में व्यापक रूप से भिन्न होते हैं।
List Of Different Types Of Doctors: Two Main Categories
Primary Care Doctors:
A primary care physician is someone who:
- Treats minor illnesses
- Answers health questions
- Conducts health checkups
- Performs routine health tests, including those for cholesterol or blood sugar levels
- Provides referrals to speciality physicians when necessary
- Keeps a person’s medical records together.
- छोटी-छोटी बीमारियों का इलाज करता है
- स्वास्थ्य संबंधी सवालों के जवाब
- स्वास्थ्य जांच करता है
- कोलेस्ट्रॉल या रक्त शर्करा के स्तर सहित नियमित स्वास्थ्य परीक्षण करता है
- आवश्यकता पड़ने पर विशेष चिकित्सकों को रेफरल प्रदान करता है
- एक व्यक्ति के मेडिकल रिकॉर्ड को एक साथ रखता है।
A primary care doctor may be one of the following types:
Family practice physician
- Family practice physicians are also called family medicine doctors. They treat people of all ages.
- Internal medicine physician
- An internal medicine physician performs many of the same tasks as a family practice physician. However, internal medicine physicians treat adults only.
Family medicine vs. internal medicine physicians
Although family medicine and internal medicine physicians can both treat adults, the American College of Physicians says that there are some key differences. For example, internal medicine doctors have training in both general medicine and subspecialties. They also tend to be more focused on medical issues that affect adults.
Family physicians, meanwhile, have broader training in medicine that allows them to care for both children and adults. They can treat a wide range of medical issues and emphasize disease prevention and health maintenance.
Paediatricians focus on treating children from birth to young adulthood. They may be a child’s primary care physician and have training in:
- Well-baby and well-child visits
- School or sports physicals
- Childhood vaccines
- Disease prevention for children and babies
- Treating illnesses and injuries in children and babies
Geriatric medicine doctors
- Geriatric medicine doctors, also called geriatricians, focus on care for older adults.
According to the American Medical AssociationTrusted Source, geriatricians are internal medicine or family medicine doctors who have additional training in:
- The ageing process
- Preventive care for older adults
- The diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions that affect older adults.
Speciality doctors have training in a specific area of medicine. So this allows them to treat complex health problems that primary care doctors may not be able to.
Speciality doctors include the following types:
- An allergist or immunologist focuses on preventing and treating allergic diseases and conditions. and these usually include various types of allergies and asthma.
- The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology explain that allergists must complete additional years of study in the field of allergy and immunology after earning a medical degree.
- Allergists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
- Dermatologists focus on diseases and conditions of the skin, nails, and hair. And they treat conditions such as eczema, skin cancer, acne, and psoriasis.
- A Dermatologist can perform some in-office procedures, including mole or spot removal. And some also offer aesthetic procedures, such as chemical peels, Botox injections, and dermal fillers.
Infectious disease doctors
Infectious disease doctors specialize in diseases and conditions that are contagious. These may include:
- Bacterial infections, including Clostridium difficile, a bacterium that causes diarrhoea and stomach issues
- Infections after surgery or hospital care
- Parasite infections
- Infectious disease doctors also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
- An ophthalmologist specializes in eye and vision care. So they treat diseases and conditions of the eyes and can perform eye surgery.
- An ophthalmologist treats people with complex eye conditions and may also see people for routine eye care, including prescribing glasses and performing checkups.
- Obstetricians/gynaecologists (OB/GYNs) provide preventive care and disease management for female health conditions. These include:
- Female reproductive health
- Cancer prevention and diagnosis in the female reproductive organs
- Breast care
- Labour and delivery
- Many women will see an OB/GYN regularly throughout pregnancy and for labour and delivery. They may also visit them for yearly checkups and tests, such as breast exams and Pap tests.
Cardiologists focus on the cardiovascular system, which includes the heart and blood vessels. They treat many cardiovascular conditions, such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart attack and stroke
- Heart rhythm problems
- Congestive heart failure
- Cardiologists can perform many tests and procedures. However, they do not perform heart surgery.
- Cardiologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
- Endocrinologists treat disorders and conditions that affect the endocrine system. This system involves various glands that make and release hormones in the body.
- Endocrinologists treat hormone-related conditions such as:
- Thyroid conditions
- Hormone imbalances
- Growth problems in children
- Adrenal gland conditions
- Endocrinologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
Also Read: List Of Fundamental Rights
- एंडोक्रिनोलॉजिस्ट विकारों और स्थितियों का इलाज करते हैं जो अंतःस्रावी तंत्र को प्रभावित करते हैं। इस प्रणाली में विभिन्न ग्रंथियां शामिल होती हैं जो शरीर में हार्मोन बनाती और छोड़ती हैं।
- एंडोक्रिनोलॉजिस्ट हार्मोन से संबंधित स्थितियों का इलाज करते हैं जैसे:
- थायराइड की स्थिति
- हार्मोन असंतुलन
- बच्चों में विकास की समस्या
- अधिवृक्क ग्रंथि की स्थिति
- एंडोक्रिनोलॉजिस्ट को आंतरिक चिकित्सा या बाल रोग में भी प्रशिक्षण की आवश्यकता होती है।
- Gastroenterologists focus on the digestive system. This includes the oesophagus, pancreas, stomach, liver, small intestine, colon, and gallbladder.
- Gastroenterologists also perform procedures such as endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and colonoscopy.
- Gastroenterologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
A nephrologist focuses on kidney care and conditions that affect the kidneys. Conditions they can treat include:
- Kidney disease
- Renal (kidney) failure
- Kidney stones
- Nephrologists also have education in kidney transplants and dialysis.
- They also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
- Urologists treat conditions of the urinary tract in both males and females. They also focus on male reproductive health.
- Some urologists focus on a specific area within urology, such as female urology or male infertility.
- Pulmonologists focus on the organs involved with breathing. These include the lungs and heart.
- Pulmonologists may work in hospitals to provide ventilation or life support. They also see people in the office to treat breathing disorders, lung conditions, and allergies.
- Pulmonologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
- Otolaryngologists are sometimes known as “ear, nose, and throat” (ENT) doctors.
- An ENT doctor may treat problems with the sinuses, throat, tonsils, ears, mouth, head, and neck. Some ENT doctors undergo additional training to focus on one specific area, such as paediatrics or rhinology, which refers to the nose and sinuses.
A neurologist treats conditions of the nerves, spine, and brain. People may see a neurologist for:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- A psychiatrist is a doctor who treats mental health conditions. They may use counselling, medication, or hospitalization as part of their treatment.
- Some psychiatrists have a subspecialty in a specific area, such as adolescent mental health or addiction medicine.
Oncologists treat cancer and its symptoms. During treatment for cancer, a person may have several types of healthcare professionals in their care team.
According to the American Cancer SocietyTrusted Source, some cancer care professionals have specific training in:
- Certain types of cancer
- Specific cancer treatments
- Certain areas of the body
- Cancer-related health problems
- Care coordination
- Oncologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
- A radiologist specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions using medical imaging tests. They may read and interpret scans such as X-rays, MRIs, mammograms, ultrasounds, and CT scans.
- They may be one of three types:
- Diagnostic radiologists: These doctors use imaging procedures to look for health problems. They can also interpret images on tests and provide information to a person’s doctor about the results.
- Interventional radiologists: These doctors use imaging, including X-rays and MRI scans, paired with medical procedures. They may help treat conditions such as heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
- Radiation oncologists: These doctors prescribe cancer treatment using radiation therapy.
- A rheumatologist diagnoses and treats rheumatic diseases. These are autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, joints, and muscles.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatologists also require training in internal medicine or paediatrics.
Also Read: List Of Miss Universe From India
General surgeons perform surgical procedures on many organs and bodily systems. They may have training in diseases of the:
- Endocrine system
- Gastrointestinal system
- A general surgeon also cares for a person both before and after their surgery.
An orthopaedic surgeon specializes in diseases and conditions of the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints. They may treat:
- Sports injuries
- Bone tumours
- Back pain
- Broken bones
- Repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tennis elbow
- A Cardiac surgeon performs heart surgery and may work with a cardiologist to determine what a person needs.
- Cardiac surgeons perform procedures including heart bypass surgery and placing stents in the heart.
- एक कार्डिएक सर्जन दिल की सर्जरी करता है और यह निर्धारित करने के लिए हृदय रोग विशेषज्ञ के साथ काम कर सकता है कि किसी व्यक्ति को क्या चाहिए।
- कार्डिएक सर्जन हार्ट बाईपास सर्जरी और स्टेंट लगाने सहित प्रक्रियाएं करते हैं
- Anesthesiologists focus on a person’s well-being before, during, and after surgery. This may include administering pain medicine, relaxation medication, or medicine to put a person to sleep.
- Anesthesiologists monitor people during surgery to ensure that their body’s vital signs are stable. They may also work with the person after surgery to make sure that their pain is under control.
Hence each type of doctor undergoes their own unique training and education to allow them to diagnose and treat specific diseases and conditions. And there are so many types of doctors, most people see a primary care physician for health problems first. Then this doctor may then refer or recommend the person to see a specialist when they need one.
इसलिए प्रत्येक प्रकार के डॉक्टर को विशिष्ट बीमारियों और स्थितियों का निदान और उपचार करने की अनुमति देने के लिए अपने स्वयं के अनूठे प्रशिक्षण और शिक्षा से गुजरना पड़ता है। और इतने प्रकार के डॉक्टर हैं, ज्यादातर लोग स्वास्थ्य समस्याओं के लिए पहले प्राथमिक देखभाल चिकित्सक के पास जाते हैं। फिर यह डॉक्टर उस व्यक्ति को किसी विशेषज्ञ को देखने के लिए संदर्भित कर सकता है या सिफारिश कर सकता है जब उन्हें इसकी आवश्यकता हो।