Prince of Persia Movie List: Prince of Persia is a video game franchise created by Jordan Mechner, originally published by Broderbund, then the Learning Company, and currently Ubisoft. The franchise is built around a series of action-adventure games focused on various incarnations of the eponymous prince. The first game in the series was designed by Mechner after the success of his previous game with Brøderbund, Karateka. prince of Persia all movie list
The title was successful enough to spawn two sequels: the series has been rebooted twice since its acquisition by Ubisoft and has been successful enough to warrant a film adaptation, penned in part by Mechner and released by Walt Disney Pictures in 2010
प्रिंस ऑफ फारस जॉर्डन मेचनर द्वारा बनाई गई एक वीडियो गेम फ्रैंचाइज़ी है, जिसे मूल रूप से ब्रोडरबंड, फिर लर्निंग कंपनी और वर्तमान में यूबीसॉफ्ट द्वारा प्रकाशित किया गया था। फ्रैंचाइज़ी को एक्शन-एडवेंचर गेम्स की एक श्रृंखला के आसपास बनाया गया है, जो कि इसी नाम के राजकुमार के विभिन्न अवतारों पर केंद्रित है। ब्रोडरबंड, कराटेका के साथ अपने पिछले गेम की सफलता के बाद श्रृंखला में पहला गेम मेकनर द्वारा डिजाइन किया गया था। prince of persia movie series list
शीर्षक दो अनुक्रमों को जन्म देने के लिए पर्याप्त रूप से सफल रहा: श्रृंखला को यूबीसॉफ्ट द्वारा अधिग्रहण के बाद से दो बार रिबूट किया गया है और एक फिल्म अनुकूलन की गारंटी देने के लिए पर्याप्त सफल रहा है, जिसे मेकनर द्वारा भाग में लिखा गया था और 2010 में वॉल्ट डिज़नी पिक्चर्स द्वारा जारी किया गया था।
Prince of Persia Series List
Though Mechner has been involved with the series in varying capacities throughout its history, the games themselves have been developed and published by several different companies. The first two games in the series, Prince of Persia and Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame, were developed by Brøderbund for the Apple II. Prince of Persia 3D, the first to use 3D computer graphics, was developed by Red Orb Entertainment and published by The Learning Company on PC, and developed by Avalanche Software and published by Mattel Interactive on Sega Dreamcast. French-based video game company Ubisoft began developing and publishing the series in 2003 with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and so far have been the most prolific of any company in bringing out new games in the series.
- Prince of Persia
- Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame
- And Prince of Persia 3D
Sands of Time Trilogy
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GBA)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PSP, DS, WII)
- Battles of Prince of Persia
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PSP)
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Rival Swords)
- And Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake
- Prince of Persia: Stories And Secrets (comic)
- Prince of Persia (2008)
- And Prince of Persia: The Fallen King
Prince of Persia: Epilogue
- Prince of Persia: Kindred Blades (scrapped sequel concept)
- Prince of Persia: Assassin (cancelled spin-off)
- And Prince of Persia: Redemption (proposed title)
- Prince of Persia Trilogy (PlayStation 2, PC)
- Prince of Persia Trilogy (HD Collection) (PlayStation 3)
- Prince of Persia Classic (remake) • Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame (remake)
- Prince of Persia: Harem Adventures
- And Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
- And Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
- Prince of Persia
- Prince of Persia: Time Run
- And Prince of Persia: Escape
- Prince of Persia: The Graphic Novel
Sands of Time Film
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (comic)
- And Prince of Persia: Before The Sandstorm (comic)
- The Chronicle of Young Dastan (book #1)
- Walls of Babylon (Young Dastan Chronicles) (book #2)
- The Search for Cyra (Young Dastan Chronicles) (book #3)
- Prince of Persia: To Right a Wrong
- Prince of Persia: The Guardian’s Path
- The Sands of Time
- The Forgotten Sands
- The Forgotten Sands
- Warrior Within
- Trilogy Soundtrack
- Prince of Persia (2008)
- Sands of Time
Prince of Persia Remakes
There have been a number of Java ME mobile games developed by Gameloft, some based on older PC or console titles with 2D graphics and others loosely based on contemporary games but with 2D graphics and different gameplay due to technology constraints. Gameloft has also developed some ports for both the iPhone and the iPad.
Specifically, the company has developed HD remakes of the original Prince of Persia in 2007, and its sequel The Shadow and the Flame in July 2013.
List of Games
- Prince of Persia (1989)
- Prince of Persia 2
- And Prince of Persia 3D Game
- Prince of Persia Classic Game
- Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame Game
- And Prince of Persia: Harem Adventures
Was Prince of Persia a Flop?
The live-action, $200+ million feature film adaptation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time opened in second place with a disappointing take of $37.8 million. Among critics, the Disney flick currently has a woeful 41% fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes. Obviously, this is neither the commercial nor critical success that Disney or gamers had been hoping for with the film, the most expensive and ambitious game-to-film adaptation to date. But failure, sadly, is nothing new for the genre.
Prince of Persia currently sits at No. 12 on Box Office Mojo’s listing of highest-grossing videogame adaptations. According to the site, the highest-grossing game-to-film is 2001’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, which grossed $274.7 million worldwide despite its 19% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Certainly, that should bode well for Prince of Persia, except that Tomb Raider made $47 million in its opening weekend and that was almost a decade ago. But with an international debut of $97.7 million, Prince of Persia will need to continue to be a money-printing machine overseas if it wants to topple Tomb Raider from the top spot.
Jordan Mechner finished writing the story for a graphic novel in 2007. The novel was written by A.B. Sina, and illustrated by Alex Puvilland and LeUyen Pham. It was released by First Second Books in autumn 2008. The story follows two Princes, jumping between the 9th and 13th centuries. Although it belongs to the franchise the plot is not related to any of the game continuities or that of the 2010 film.
Before the Sandstorm is a 2010 one-shot comic book that serves as both a direct prequel and sequel to the feature film and explains the motives and backgrounds of some characters. It was published by Disney Press and written by Mechner with illustrations by Todd McFarlane, Niko Henrichon, David López and Bernard Chang.
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
In the holy city of Alamut resides the Sands of Time, which gives mortals the power to turn back time. After leading an attack on the city, Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal), the adopted son of Persia’s king, acquires a dagger that gives the one who holds it access to the Sands. Dastan goes on the run with an Alamut princess named Tamina (Gemma Arterton) after killing his father. The pair must protect the ancient treasure from dark forces and unmask the king’s assassin
- Rating: PG-13 (Intense Sequences of Violence|Intense Sequences of Action)
- Genre: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
- Original Language: English
- Director: Mike Newell
- Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer
- Writer: Boaz Yakin, Doug Miro, Carlo Bernard
- Release Date (Theaters): May 28, 2010, Wide
- Release Date (Streaming): Sep 14, 2010
- Box Office (Gross USA): $90.8M
- Runtime: 1h 56m
- Distributor: Walt Disney
FAQs on Prince of Persia Movie List
Is the Prince of Persia movie a hit or a flop?
Instead of a lucrative franchise, Disney took a massive unspecified write-down on Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time and it joined the ranks as one of the biggest flops of 2010
Is Prince of Persia a real story?
The Prince is the name given to a group of fictional characters who act as the main protagonists of the Prince of Persia franchise, originally created by Jordan Mechner and currently owned by Ubisoft.
Why did Prince of Persia fail?
The movie had a budget of 200 million dollars. It only made 90 million domestically and about 300 million World Wide, which means, the movie probably didn’t even break even.
Is Assassin’s Creed based on Prince of Persia?
The Assassin’s Creed series originated out of ideas for a sequel for Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Its critical and financial success led Ubisoft to request Ubisoft Montreal to develop a sequel, aiming for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Is Prince of Persia based on Aladdin?
Prince of Persia was enormously influential. Aladdin by a long shot, it traces back to the 18th century. The Book of 1,001 Nights came first, obviously. But the Disney movie has very little to do with the original story.
What was wrong with the Prince of Persia movie?
The biggest problem with The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time the weight placed on its shoulders. Disney was uncharacteristically blatant in their intentions to create a second Pirates franchise, describing the video game adaptation as a tent-pole film
Was the Prince of Persia movie a success?
The live-action, $200+ million feature film adaptation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time opened in second place with a disappointing take of $37.8 million. prince of persia all movies list