List of Scans During Pregnancy: Scans are an essential part of any pregnancy to ensure an estimated due date, fetal well-being and health status of the baby. Scans in pregnancy are the best way to rule out developmental problems or in case of miscarriage of the fetus. If the pregnancy does not involve any risk, a regular scan is scheduled at intervals to check the size, weight and position of the baby and whether more than one baby is developing in the uterus.
अनुमानित नियत तारीख, भ्रूण की भलाई और बच्चे की स्वास्थ्य स्थिति सुनिश्चित करने के लिए स्कैन किसी भी गर्भावस्था का एक अनिवार्य हिस्सा है। गर्भावस्था में स्कैन विकास संबंधी समस्याओं या भ्रूण के गर्भपात के मामले में सबसे अच्छा तरीका है। यदि गर्भावस्था में कोई जोखिम शामिल नहीं है, तो बच्चे के आकार, वजन और स्थिति की जांच करने के लिए अंतराल पर एक नियमित स्कैन निर्धारित किया जाता है और क्या गर्भाशय में एक से अधिक बच्चे विकसित हो रहे हैं।
List of scans during pregnancy
The most intimidating question for newly pregnant women is how many total pregnancy scans are there and what are the names of scans during pregnancy. The most important, along with the optional, are detailed below.
This is an initial scan done to confirm pregnancy and provide an estimated due date and heartbeat. This is done between 8-14 weeks, and the sonographer will measure the baby to calculate its age. This initial scan checks whether the baby is growing in the right place and confirms for more than one fetus.
Nuchal Translucency Scan
This scan is done between 10-14 weeks and checks the growth and development of the baby. Here the sonographer will determine the nuchal translucency by measuring the fluid at the back of the baby’s neck. It helps in assessing the risk of various conditions such as Down, Edward or Patau syndrome. This may also include blood tests for further analysis.
Re -assurance Scan
A reassurance scan is an alternative for worried parents facing a high-risk pregnancy or any other complication. This is done when the expectant mother has bleeding or other health problems.
Parents who want to know the gender of the baby will opt for this scan around the 14th week and can be up to the 20th week. These are not 100% accurate and can also give wrong results. In some countries, this scan is illegal and not strictly performed. Not at all for this scan.
An anomaly scan is done around the 20th week to measure the baby and check the structures of his brain, heart, spine, bowel and organs for any abnormalities. This is done to determine the functionality of the placenta, the amount of amniotic fluid, and the performance of the placenta.
This is an additional transvaginal scan that is used to measure the length of the cervix. It is performed on patients who are expected to be at risk of early or premature birth.
It shows a real-life image and is done between 26-30 weeks. This allows the sonographer to determine the exact width, height and depth of the child. In this, the images of the external body of the baby are clear, the phenomenon that captures the features of his face.
4D ultrasound scans offer moving video instead of still images and capture shadows and highlights. Through this, the face and movements of the child are shown well.
Transvaginal Ultrasound Scans
A transvaginal ultrasound scan is used to examine internal structures. It involves a small probe passed into the vagina, and is most commonly used during the early stages of pregnancy when capturing a clear image externally is difficult.
Doctors may perform fetal echocardiography if they suspect your baby to have a congenital heart defect. This ultrasound scan captures an in-depth image of the size, shape and structure of your baby’s heart, which can be helpful for diagnosing heart problems.
All Ultrasound Scans
- All types of ultrasound scans are safe and very low risk. They may be done for both medical and non-medical reasons, but unnecessary exposure to ultrasound waves is not recommended according to medical guidelines. The average number of ultrasounds varies with each pregnancy and depends on the results from your initial tests and scans.
- Unlike the NHS where you’re only entitled to 2 scans, LycaHealth offers a pregnancy package which gives you more opportunities to see your baby before its born.
- If you would like more information about our private ultrasound scans or the pregnancy package we offer or are interested in booking an appointment to see one of our sonographers, get in touch. You don’t need to wait for a referral from your doctor or specialist, you can self-refer for a private scan at LycaHealth. You are able to self refer for a private MRI scan, CT scan and X-Ray too.
Ultrasound & USG
- In an ultrasound scan, sound waves are used to create a picture of the baby in the womb. These are non-invasive and hence painless, with no side effects on both the baby and the mother. It can be performed at any stage of pregnancy, and this particular scan is considered a joyous event to bond with the developing baby in most cases when the risks of pregnancy are not involved.
- Competent and trained sonographers perform ultrasound scans in a dim room during pregnancy in India to get clear pictures of the baby. With a gel on the abdomen and a probe over it, the machine will take pictures of the baby. The sonographer notes the measurements of the baby’s head and abdominal circumference, femur or thigh bone, and humerus or arm bone in each ultrasound scan.
- Meanwhile, a USG test is performed with the help of high-frequency sound waves to scan the internal organs of the woman’s abdomen, uterus, pelvic activity, fetal development and the position of the placenta.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
What is TIFA Scan?
A TIFA scan is an anomaly scan that is performed during the second trimester to determine the position of the placenta and to see if the baby is developing as per the growth rate without any physical abnormalities. It can also provide information about how the baby’s internal organs are working and growing. The TIFA scan helps in detecting the amount of amniotic fluid, blood flow in the uterus, chromosomal abnormalities and other congenital disabilities.
The TIFA scan is yet another ultrasound scan, but in some circumstances; the gynaecologist will want to know more about the mother’s cervix, and in such cases, a transvaginal scan will be performed, which can help better assess fetal abnormalities. does. A TIFA scan is essential during pregnancy as it excludes cleft lip, ensures good bone development and spinal health, determines brain size and development, analyzes the position of the abdominal organ, etc. Most importantly, it checks the heartbeat along with the shape of the heart. Chamber and heart development.
How does Portea help with scans during pregnancy?
Portea provides support during pregnancy to all expectant mothers with utmost care and attention. She guides them throughout their pregnancy journey by educating them on the list of scans during pregnancy in India. Portia makes it very clear here with the required and optional ones. Most new moms-to-be are curious and unaware of how many scans are usually done during pregnancy in India. Portea not only provides them with the necessary information but also provides them with the best leads.
Apart from this, there are other plans to take care of the mother along with both antenatal and postnatal care. Portea conducts counselling for emotional health and breastfeeding lessons during antenatal and postpartum care at the most affordable rates. We try to prepare the new mother for the next phase of her life during the pregnancy itself. Handling baby sessions is the most chosen session among all as it is very essential; where mothers learn various new techniques on how to parent effortlessly.
How many scans do you have during pregnancy?
- You should be offered at least 2 scans; an early pregnancy scan (dating or booking scan) between 11 and 14 weeks. A mid-pregnancy scan (also known as a fetal anomaly scan) between 18 and 21 weeks.
- Women with low-risk pregnancies may only need two sonar scans early in their pregnancy; namely the scan at 12 weeks and 20 weeks. Fetal development is monitored by measuring the head circumference, abdominal circumference and femur length; this provides an estimated gestational age and weight.
Which is the most important scan during pregnancy?
- Anatomy scan (18-20 weeks)
- This is the most thorough test you can do before your baby is born.
What is 3 Month Scan?
Since your baby is more developed at this stage, the 20-week scan will check your baby’s anatomy and is known as a fetal anatomy scan. The scan helps you confirm the due date and of course the gender of the baby. You can choose to discover the gender of the baby or keep it as a surprise for the big day.