List of Items on Gem Portal: A geM is a short form of one-stop Government e-Market Place hosted by DGS&D where common user goods and services can be procured. GeM is a dynamic, self-sustaining and user-friendly portal for making procurement by Government officers. According to the provisions of Rule 149 (ii) of GFR, 2017, GeM shall be utilized by Government buyers for direct online purchases above Rs. 25,000/- and up to Rs. 5,00,000/- however such purchase has to be through the Seller having the lowest price (L-1) amongst the available Sellers on the GeM. The GeM Availability Report and Past Transaction Summary (GeMARPTS) ID is now mandatory for all government procurements outside the GeM portal. A GeMARPTS ID ensures that genuine efforts are made by a government department in procuring goods and services from the GeM portal. list of items on gem portal pdf
In Hindi: List of Items on Gem Portal
List of Items on Gem Portal: एक जीईएम डीजीएसएंडडी द्वारा होस्ट किए गए वन-स्टॉप सरकारी ई-मार्केट प्लेस का एक संक्षिप्त रूप है जहां आम उपयोगकर्ता वस्तुओं और सेवाओं की खरीद की जा सकती है। GeM सरकारी अधिकारियों द्वारा खरीद करने के लिए एक गतिशील, आत्मनिर्भर और उपयोगकर्ता के अनुकूल पोर्टल है। GFR, 2017 के नियम 149 (ii) के प्रावधानों के अनुसार, GeM का उपयोग सरकारी खरीदारों द्वारा रुपये से अधिक की सीधी ऑनलाइन खरीदारी के लिए किया जाएगा। 25,000/- और रु. 5,00,000/- हालांकि ऐसी खरीदारी GeM पर उपलब्ध विक्रेताओं के बीच सबसे कम कीमत (L-1) वाले विक्रेता के माध्यम से होनी चाहिए। GeM उपलब्धता रिपोर्ट और पिछले लेनदेन सारांश (GeMARPTS) आईडी अब GeM पोर्टल के बाहर सभी सरकारी खरीद के लिए अनिवार्य है। एक GeMARPTS आईडी सुनिश्चित करती है कि GeM पोर्टल से सामान और सेवाओं की खरीद में सरकारी विभाग द्वारा वास्तविक प्रयास किए गए हैं।
List of Items on Gem Portal:
Public procurement forms a very important part of Government activity and reform in Public Procurement is one of the top priorities of the present Government. Government e-Marketplace (GeM – gem.gov.in) is a very bold step of the Government with the aim to transform the way in which procurement of goods and services is done by the Government Ministries and Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and other apex autonomous bodies of the Central Government.
List of Items on Gem Portal
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to List Of Items On the Gem Portal page via the official link gem.gov.in.
- Log in using your username and password. The login screen appears upon successful login.
- If you still can’t access the List Of Items On Gem Portal then see Troubleshooting options
Register Your Business
Registering your business on the Government e-Marketplace has never been easier. Registration, brand approval and product approval are free of charge on GeM, with no entry barriers.
- Visit the website gem.gov.in for information on terms and conditions
- Signing up is quick and easy
- Sign up online and register
- All you require is essential government documents (Income Tax returns, Aadhaar or PAN card)
Simple and Secure Selling
- Direct access to all Government departments
- Reduced cost of doing business
- No barrier to entry and no fees for registration, brand approval and product uploads
- A unique platform for bids/reverse auctions for the procurement of products/services
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller-friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies and payments
- Faster and easier payment gateways for quick payment
Fast and Easy Procurement
- Offers a rich listing of products and services across a number of categories for easy browsing and appreciation of the marketplace
- Makes available search, compare, select and buy facility
- No tenders are required for purchases up to INR 5 lakhs
- Quicker procurement cycle and automated processes for enforcement of compliance and effective transmission of policy intent
- Provides transparency, price match and order splitting
- Ensures continuous, transparent and robust vendor rating system
- Up-to-date user-friendly dashboard for buying, monitoring supplies and payments
- Provision of an easy return policy
Introducing a Unified Procurement System
A unified Public Procurement System for the country would provide a single user flow for government buyers, consolidating all government procurement onto a single platform leading to economies of scale, better price discovery and sharing of best practices
The following are the steps and processes in place to transition from eProcurement portals to a UPS on GeM:
- Central Government buyers obtain a “GeM Availability Report and Past Transaction Summary” to make informed procurement decisions
- GeM prompts buyers to publish a bid on GeM itself if the products or services that a buyer is looking for are not on the platform
- The ID of the GeM Availability Report is required to publish a bid on eProcurement platforms other than GeM (validated in real-time)
- After validation, a copy of the published tender will be returned to GeM for analysis
This would thus ensure that the functionality of procurement portals is brought on to GeM to provide a uniform experience for all buyers.
How to List Products on Government e-Marketplace?
- The Indian Government has launched a very transparent e-commerce portal, referred to as Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
- Any small dealer or a manufacturer who has a GeM registration in his business can access the wide platform. There he can sell his products and services to distinguished buyers from the Government sector or PSUs, who have a huge requirement for his supplies. This system empowers these small traders and manufacturers to expand their business.
- The Government e-Marketplace (GeM), is a business-friendly platform, that facilitates smart online procurement of Goods & Services required by Government Departments, Organizations and PSUs.
- Very importantly, upon the GeM registration process, the dealers, manufacturers and service providers have to list their products & services on their GeM login. This process is called Product listing on Government e-Marketplace. It’s only when the product listing is approved by the GeM Authority, that the GeM products of the seller will go live on the Government e-Marketplace.
- Traders who have the GeM seller registration can then easily sell their products.
The procedure of product listing on the Government e-Marketplace
Product listing on the Government e-Marketplace involves various steps. Only after successful approval, any product or service gets available on the GeM portal for sale.
Such steps may differ based on the type of GeM seller. Here are 5 easy steps for listing products on Government e-Marketplace.
BASIC INFORMATION ON THE GEM PRODUCTS
The traders having GeM registration as sellers need to mention the General speciﬁcaons of product given below:
- Category of the Product & their sub-category
- Name of the product
- Product Description
- Brand of product
- Product Model
- HSN Code
- SKU id
QUANTITY OF THE PRODUCT AVAILABLE
Sellers require quoting available stock on hand of the product. This will help the government buyers to place the order of the products only to the extent of stock available.
PRICE OF THE PRODUCT
- The sellers having GeM registration have to quote the price of their product. Given below are different types of the price that are required to be quoted:
- Oﬀer Price (incl. of all taxes) of the GeM products
- It is important to note that the Oﬀer-Price must be 10% less than MRP.
SPECIFIC DETAILS OF THE PRODUCT
Now the sellers on Government e-Marketplace have to provide entire necessary technical information of the product as regards its:
- Colour and
- Besides any other aspect that is relevant to that product.
IMAGES OF THE PRODUCT
Very essentially, the sellers have to upload very clear photos of the product. The product image must give a clear view of the product. This will help the government buyers to recognize the product.
This is the very crucial stage and the traders who have the GeM registration as a seller have to take some precautions when they upload images of their products on the Government e-Marketplace.
Some Precautions while uploading product images:
Given below are some tips to upload images on GeM login:
Upload only the genuine image of the product. It should have a clean white background and no watermark, brand logo, or any kind of identiﬁcation.
- Maximum Image size: 300KB
- Acceptable ﬁle format: jpg or png
- 3 images are needed, centre-aligned. They must show the product clearly from 3 different angles.
- The product image must fulfil the technical criteria.
- No Product description or certiﬁcation allowed
- Incomplete product images, diagrams or sketches not allowed.
- Edited images using various tools not allowed.
- Only single product images allow.
- Images of product packaging, carton or outer package not allowed.
- The name of your company over the Product image not allowed.
FAQs on List of Items on Gem Portal
Is the GeM portal free?
The GeM registration process for businesses (or sellers) is extremely easy and seamless and done via the GeM portal. Since there is no GeM Registration Fee, the sellers can assure of the least expensive way to become part of GeM and start offering their services and products.
Is ITR mandatory for GeM registration?
Verified ITR details are mandatory for participating in Bid/RA for all entities unless incorporated less than 24 months ago or exempted from filing ITR. ITR details are not mandatory if you do not want to participate in Bid/RA.