List of Gazetted Officer: Gazetted Officers are executive/managerial level ranked government officers in India. Authority for a gazetted officer to issue an official stamp comes from the President of India or the Governors of States. To that effect, they are de jure representatives and delegates of the Indian State and the President. The group of Gazetted officers has been divided into 3 groups that are following: Group A; Gazetted Officer. Group B; Gazetted Officer. Group C; Non-Gazetted Officer. list of the gazetted officers who can attest
List of Gazetted Officer: राजपत्रित अधिकारी भारत में कार्यकारी / प्रबंधकीय स्तर के सरकारी अधिकारी होते हैं। एक राजपत्रित अधिकारी को आधिकारिक टिकट जारी करने का अधिकार भारत के राष्ट्रपति या राज्यों के राज्यपालों से प्राप्त होता है। इस आशय के लिए, वे भारतीय राज्य और राष्ट्रपति के कानूनी प्रतिनिधि और प्रतिनिधि हैं। राजपत्रित अधिकारियों के समूह को 3 समूहों में विभाजित किया गया है जो निम्नलिखित हैं: समूह ए; राजपत्रित अधिकारी। समूह बी; राजपत्रित अधिकारी। समूह सी; अराजपत्रित अधिकारी।
Who is a Gazetted Officer?
The gazetted officer is a government official who is working as a public servant of a higher rank. Every government employee is not a gazetted officer. So a gazetted officer is a government servant who derives their service and recruitment conditions from the Gazette of India as per Article 309 of the Constitution of India, 1950. This recruitment, when made to the government, clearly mentions if a person is a gazetted officer or not. So the list is published in the Gazette of India of the Gazetted Officer. These officers have a name stamp of their own to sign the papers. Gazetted officers are assigned the task of attesting a document, i.e. verifying its credibility of the same.
So the attestation of the gazetted officer amounts to a credible person witnessing the verification of documents. Hence the Gazetted officer has a stamp in their name, which is used to authorize the documents. This stamp is given to them by the President or the Governor. Many important documents, particularly citizen certifications, are required first to be verified by a gazetted officer.
राजपत्रित अधिकारी एक सरकारी अधिकारी होता है जो उच्च पद के लोक सेवक के रूप में कार्य करता है। हर सरकारी कर्मचारी राजपत्रित अधिकारी नहीं होता है। एक राजपत्रित अधिकारी एक सरकारी कर्मचारी होता है जो भारत के संविधान, 1950 के अनुच्छेद 309 के अनुसार भारत के राजपत्र से अपनी सेवा और भर्ती की शर्तों को प्राप्त करता है। यह भर्ती, जब सरकार को की जाती है, तो स्पष्ट रूप से उल्लेख किया जाता है कि क्या कोई व्यक्ति राजपत्रित अधिकारी है या नहीं। सूची राजपत्रित अधिकारी के भारत के राजपत्र में प्रकाशित की गई है। इन अधिकारियों के पास कागजात पर हस्ताक्षर करने के लिए खुद की एक नाम की मोहर होती है। राजपत्रित अधिकारियों को किसी दस्तावेज़ को सत्यापित करने का कार्य सौंपा जाता है, अर्थात उसकी विश्वसनीयता की पुष्टि करना।
राजपत्रित अधिकारी का सत्यापन एक विश्वसनीय व्यक्ति के रूप में होता है जो दस्तावेजों के सत्यापन का साक्षी होता है। राजपत्रित अधिकारी के नाम पर एक मुहर होती है, जिसका उपयोग दस्तावेजों को अधिकृत करने के लिए किया जाता है। यह टिकट उन्हें राष्ट्रपति या राज्यपाल द्वारा दिया जाता है। कई महत्वपूर्ण दस्तावेजों, विशेष रूप से नागरिक प्रमाणपत्रों को पहले एक राजपत्रित अधिकारी द्वारा सत्यापित करने की आवश्यकता होती है। list of gazetted officers in kerala
What is The Gazette of India?
- Gazette is an official journal and also is like a legal newspaper of a country. Just like the newspaper gives all news relating to the incidents that took place around us, the gazette gives information about government activities.
- The Gazette of India (Bharat Ka RajPtr) is an official legal document of the government of India.
- The notifications in the Gazette are published by the Department of Publication. It is a public journal which contained official government notices. The Gazette of India includes all laws and rules, orders and notifications that have to be published in the name of the President or Governor before it takes effect.
- Hence it is published by the Controller of Publications who is placed under the Ministry of Urban Affairs.
- The government gazette is used to publish acts and bills, regulations and notices in terms of acts, and financial statements of government. The GazetteofIndia and state gazettes are official and legal government publications, which also publish the appointments or promotions of government officials along with other government notifications.
- Gazetted Officer, if a person’s name gets published in the Gazette of India or any state Gazette then that person is known as Gazetted. So the gazetted officer’s acts are considered as an authorized witness for the document verification.
List of All Gazetted Officers in India
There were many pertinent questions that were sought by way of RTI. Also, whether it is a duty to attest the copy? Whether a person can visit the home of a gazetted officer for attestation? So nobody can force the gazetted officer to attest to the documents and secondarily, without seeing the Identity proof no Gazetted officer can be forced to attest to the document. So there are no separate guidelines regarding the attestation of documents by a gazetted officer. list of gazetted officers in Pune
Therefore the government has classified its employees into four categories for better understanding. Below is the list of all Gazetted officers in India whether they are from Class I, Class II, Class III, or Class IV.
This class of employees is among the highest rank of employees. So they have gazetted officers of the Highest class. They are placed in level 10 and above in Civilian and Defence Pay matrices. Therefore pay Scale is not the only criterion for deciding the classes.
- Officers of the Armed forces
- Magistrates and above in judicial services
- Scientists of Government-funded Research Organization
- In Central and State universities: Vice-Chancellors, Assistant Registrars, Principals, and Faculty Members
- Doctors (Government, State, and Central Services)
- Engineers (Government, State, and Central Services)
- Drug Controllers (Government, State, and Central Services)
- Central and State Government Employees with A service rules (IPS, IAS, IES, SDPO, ASP, ACP, IGP, DSP, IFS, DIB, DIG, SSP, etc.)
- Patent Examiner
- Officers of State Cadres of Assistant Commissioner
- District Medical officer
LASS II (GAZETTED)
- Junior Doctors in Government Hospitals
- Section Officers
- Circle inspector, Tahsildars
- Drug Inspectors
- Headmaster in Government High school
- Assistant Executive Engineers
- Block Development Officer
- Income tax and revenue officers
- Chief Pharmacists
- Superintendent of Excise and customs
- Officers in State Civil Services
- JCOs in Armed Forces
CLASS II (NON-GAZETTED)
- Junior Engineers in different departments
- Income tax officers
- Custom/Excise officers
- Assistant Section Officers in various ministries
- Senior Pharmacists in the health department of governments.
These are non-gazetted officers who are employed with the government but in non-supervisory roles example includes
- Telephone operators
- Head Clerks
- Police Head Constables, etc.
They are amongst the lowest pay scale and are generally manual workers who are semi-skilled or skilled in that respect like sweepers, Trackmen, Peons, and multi-tasking staff.
How to Become a Gazetted Officer?
Gazetted officers are executive, managerial or supervision real level ranked public servants of India. So to become a gazette officer one has to give exams conducted by the UPSC.
So the eligibility criteria for the exam are as follows-
- A candidate should have completed a Graduation Degree from a recognized University from any stream with a minimum of 55%.
- Also, candidates must have completed 21 years of age and are eligible to apply for the exam and the upper age limit is 32 years. The age relaxation is 5 years for the Reserved Candidates; for OBC it is 3 years.
- Then there are limits for the attempt of the exam- For General, the attempts are 6; for OBC and for the reserved, there are no limits for the attempt up to age limit.
The exam is conducted in the following 2 stages:
- Prelim Exam
- Then Main Exam
FAQs on List of Gazetted Officer
Who are non-gazetted officers?
Officers who fall under the category of classes III and IV are non-gazetted. So non-Gazetted posts meaning is that they do not have the personal authority to issue an official stamp on behalf of the Government. Employees serving in Nationalized Banks and PSUs are not gazetted but they can attest to financial documents.
Who is gazetted officer in Aadhar?
Also, Gazetted Officers are those whose names have appeared in the official Gazette of central or state govt who are authorised to authenticate documents. Your friend Physiotherapist might issue a certificate of Residential proof and he is not gazetted officer and hence won’t be useful for your purpose.
Who can attest documents in India?
So to get attestation, a person needs to contact a doctor at a government hospital, a district superintendent of police or a sub-divisional/first class/additional district magistrate.
Is the notary public a gazetted officer in India?
From the above discussion, we can conclude that a notary is not a gazetted officer. Though the names of notaries need to be published in the official gazette of the government as per the provisions of Section 6 of the Notaries Act, 1952, it does not make him or her a gazetted officer.
Who can issue a character certificate?
Hence a character certificate or a police certificate is a certificate issued by a government authority, police, or any other institution to an individual stating that the latter does not have any criminal proceedings or bad records in their previous institutions. list of the group a gazetted officer