List of Chief Ministers of India: A chief minister heads the state government’s council of ministers and may be deputed in that role by a deputy chief minister. The Chief Minister generally selects the Chief Secretary and can allot portfolios to the cabinet ministers and ministers of state of his state as per his wish. The first step in establishing a ministry is the post of a chief minister. The party leader with the highest number of votes in the assembly elections is appointed as the chief minister of the state. chief minister of india 2021 name list
The Chief Minister is known as the executive head of the state. The current post of CM is in the hands of Arvind Kejriwal. The role of the governor is to appoint the chief minister. The chief minister is appointed for each state (28 states) and 2 union territories (currently Delhi and Puducherry). He is a powerful officer of the state government. Article 164 of the Constitution throws light on the role of the Governor in the appointment of the Chief Minister and other ministers. The duties of the Chief Minister are mentioned in Article 167 of the Constitution. The chief minister is for the state while the prime minister is for the centre.
एक मुख्यमंत्री राज्य सरकार की मंत्रिपरिषद का प्रमुख होता है और शायद उस भूमिका में एक उप मुख्यमंत्री द्वारा प्रतिनियुक्त किया जाता है। मुख्यमंत्री आम तौर पर मुख्य सचिव का चयन करता है और अपनी इच्छा के अनुसार अपने राज्य के कैबिनेट मंत्रियों और राज्य के मंत्रियों को विभागों का आवंटन कर सकता है। मंत्रालय की स्थापना में पहला कदम मुख्यमंत्री का पद होता है। विधानसभा चुनाव में सबसे ज्यादा वोट पाने वाले पार्टी के नेता को राज्य का मुख्यमंत्री नियुक्त किया जाता है।
मुख्यमंत्री को राज्य के कार्यकारी प्रमुख के रूप में जाना जाता है। सीएम का मौजूदा पद अरविंद केजरीवाल के हाथ में है। राज्यपाल की भूमिका मुख्यमंत्री की नियुक्ति करना है। मुख्यमंत्री की नियुक्ति प्रत्येक राज्य (28 राज्यों) और 2 केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों (वर्तमान में दिल्ली और पुडुचेरी) के लिए की जाती है। वह राज्य सरकार के एक शक्तिशाली अधिकारी हैं। संविधान का अनुच्छेद 164 मुख्यमंत्री और अन्य मंत्रियों की नियुक्ति में राज्यपाल की भूमिका पर प्रकाश डालता है। संविधान के अनुच्छेद 167 में मुख्यमंत्री के कर्तव्यों का उल्लेख है। मुख्यमंत्री राज्य के लिए होता है जबकि प्रधानमंत्री केंद्र के लिए होता है।
List Of Chief Ministers Of India
|Andhra Pradesh||Shri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Shri Pema Khandu|
|Assam||Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Bihar||Shri Nitish Komar|
|Chhattisgarh||Shri Bhupesh Baghel|
|Delhi(NCT)||Shri Arvind Kejriwal|
|Goa||Shri Pramod Sawant|
|Gujarat||Shri Bhupendra Patel|
|Haryana||Shri Manohar Lal|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shri Jairam Thakur|
|Jharkhand||Shri Hemant Soren|
|Karnataka||Sri Basavaraj Bommai|
|Kerela||Shri Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Madhya Pradesh||Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
|Maharashtra||Shri Uddhav Thackeray|
|Manipur||Shri N. Biren Singh|
|Meghalaya||Shri Conrad Kongkal Sangma|
|Mizoram||Shri Pu Zoramthanga|
|Nagaland||Shri Neiphiu Rio|
|Odisha||Shri Naveen Patnaik|
|Puducherry(UT)||Shri N. Rangaswamy|
|Punjab||Shri Bhagwant Singh Mann|
|Rajasthan||Shri Ashok Gehlot|
|Sikkim||Shri PS Golay|
|Tamil Nadu||Shri M.K. Stalin|
|Tripura||Shri K Chandrasekhar Rao|
|Telangana||Shri Manik Saha|
|Uttar Pradesh||Shri Yogi Aditya Nath|
|Uttarakhand||Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami|
|West Bengal||Km. Mamta Banerjee|
Duties of Chief Ministers
With regard to Governor
- The Chief Minister advises the Governor in matters of appointment of important officers such as the Advocate General, the Chairman and members of the State Public Service Commission, etc.
- Under Article 167, it is the responsibility of the Chief Minister to inform the Governor about the decisions related to administration and law presented by the cabinet.
The share of the Chief Minister’s power in relation to the Council of Ministers
The State Legislative Assembly is the collective duty of the Council of Ministers. The Council of Ministers consists of ministers who head their respective ministries or departments. Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of External Affairs, etc. The Council of Ministers is also known as the Cabinet. list of all chief minister of india
- According to Article 164 of the Constitution of India, the Minister shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor.
- The Council of Ministers serves as a reinforcement of the position of Chief Minister.
- The governor appoints the ministers with the consent of the chief minister.
- The allocation and rearrangement of portfolios among ministers is as per the wishes of the Chief Minister.
- During the assembly, it is the responsibility of the chief minister to guide and protect his council around any negotiations.
Some more Facts
- He plays an important role in keeping a check on whether the decision made by the council is correct and clear
- With the resignation or death of the Chief Minister, the Council of Ministers automatically terminates.
- In the midst of any disparity with a Minister, he may advise the Governor with respect to the removal of the Minister.
- The prevailing political conditions in the state also decide the strength of the CM with respect to the Council of Ministers.
- If a state or regional party is in action, the position of the chief minister is strengthened.
- A regional or state party, as the name suggests, operates solely in a particular region or state and does not operate outside the boundaries of the state
- When there is a coalition between different political parties, there is a demand to form a coalition, which is known as a coalition form of government.
- All parties agree to come together and cooperate to run the government
- But, this form of government can lead to a decline in the power of the Chief Minister.
- In both cases, the CM has to maintain a balance by finding a middle ground between different parts of the coalition or party.
With Regard to the Legislature
- All the MLAs (members of the legislative assembly) who assemble in the legislative assembly are called the Legislature. A legislature is formed by a governor and one house or two houses. The two houses are the legislative council also known as Vidhan Parishad & Legislative assembly also known as Vidhan Sabha. first chief minister of india list
- The composition of the Legislative Assembly/Vidhan Sabha of a state is a maximum of 500 members and not a minimum of 60 members. Elections in territorial constituencies in the state lead to the selection of the legislative assembly. The Legislative Council/Vidhan Parishad of a state comprises a maximum of one-third of the total number of members in the legislative assembly of the state and a minimum of 40 members.
- The chief minister accounts for the proposal of legislation to uphold government policies
- Besides that, the Chief Minister makes statements, and mediates debates thereby, keeping the assembly well informed regarding numerous activities
With regard to Executive
- The secretariat headed by the chief secretary aids the chief minister in handling the administration of the state
- Approval of appointments for senior-level posts like that of Secretaries, also at deputy level, HOD (head of the department) and posts in the Public Sector, etc. are made by the chief minister
- Their efficiency is evaluated by administrative agencies and CM’s own avenues that include party workers, grievances and others
Other Duties of Chief Minister
- Chief spokesman of the state government
- Member of Governing Council of NITI Aayog [the chairperson of NITI Aayog is the prime minister (PM) of India]
- The governor can summon and prorogue legislative proceedings, on the advice of the chief minister
- Member of the inter-state council
- Being a state leader, the CM interacts with various strata of people to hear their grievances and thereby seek solutions for them
- His position is as vital as the position of the prime minister at the centre
- Serve as a crisis manager in an hour of emergency
- The position of chairman of the state planning board is headed by the chief minister
Article 167, the duties of the chief minister highlighted the crucial functionary roles of a chief minister. Article 164- other provisions to minister, envisages provisions to ministers such as appointment, tenure, duties, qualifications, oath, salaries and allowances.
Who is the youngest CM in India?
Serving since 5 March 2000 (for 22 years, 93 days), Odisha’s Naveen Patnaik has the longest incumbency. Mizoram’s Zoramthanga (b. 13 July 1944) is the oldest Chief Minister, while Arunachal Pradesh’s Pema Khandu (b. 21 August 1979) is the youngest Chief Minister.
Who is the first female Chief Minister of India?
Sucheta Kripalani (nee Majumdar; 25 June 1908 – 1 December 1974) was an Indian freedom fighter and politician. She was India’s first woman Chief Minister, serving as the head of the Uttar Pradesh government from 1963 to 1967
What is the age limit for Chief Minister?
A citizen of India should be a member of the state legislature. of 25 years of age or more.
Who is a more powerful governor or Chief Minister?
Governors exist in the states, while lieutenant-governors exist in union territories including the National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi. The governor acts as the nominal head whereas the real power lies with the chief ministers of the states and or their councils of ministers. chief minister of india 2020 name list