List of Antibiotics for Throat Infection: People with throat infections have severe pain when swallowing and generally speaking. Sometimes the pain is also felt in the ears. Some people have a fever, headache, and upset stomach. Tonsils are red and swollen and sometimes have white spots on them.
The most common cause of a sore throat (pharyngitis) is a viral infection, such as a cold or flu. A sore throat caused by a virus gets better on its own. Strep throat (streptococcal infection), a less common type of sore throat caused by bacteria, requires treatment with antibiotics to prevent complications
गले के संक्रमण वाले लोगों को निगलने और आम तौर पर बोलने में तेज दर्द होता है। कई बार कान में दर्द भी महसूस होता है। कुछ लोगों को बुखार, सिरदर्द और पेट खराब होता है। टॉन्सिल लाल और सूजे हुए होते हैं और कभी-कभी उन पर सफेद धब्बे होते हैं। गले में खराश (ग्रसनीशोथ) का सबसे आम कारण एक वायरल संक्रमण है, जैसे कि सर्दी या फ्लू। वायरस के कारण होने वाला गला अपने आप ठीक हो जाता है। स्ट्रेप थ्रोट (स्ट्रेप्टोकोकल संक्रमण), बैक्टीरिया के कारण होने वाले एक कम सामान्य प्रकार के गले में खराश, जटिलताओं को रोकने के लिए एंटीबायोटिक दवाओं के साथ उपचार की आवश्यकता होती है
When to use antibiotics
Antibiotics are specific to the type of bacteria being treated and, in general, cannot be changed from one infection to another. When antibiotics are used correctly, they are usually safe with few side effects. Health care providers are able to assess each patient individually to determine the correct antibiotic, dosage, and length of treatment.
However, as with most medications, antibiotics can have side effects that can range from a nuisance to severe or life-threatening. In infants and the elderly, in patients with kidney or liver disease, in pregnant or lactating women, and in many other patient groups, antibiotic dosage may need to be adjusted on an individual patient basis. Drug interactions with antibiotics can also be common.
When not to use antibiotics
Antibiotics are not the right choice for all infections. For example, most sore throats, coughs and colds, flu, COVID or acute sinusitis are viral in origin (not bacterial) and do not require antibiotics. These viral infections are “self-limiting,” meaning that your own immune system will usually try and fight off the virus.
Using antibiotics for viral infections can increase the risk of antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic-resistant bacteria may not be completely inhibited or killed by the antibiotic, even though the antibiotic worked effectively before resistance occurred. It can also reduce your options for effective treatment if a secondary infection eventually requires an antibiotic. Using unnecessary antibiotics puts you at risk of side effects and additional costs.
एंटीबायोटिक्स सभी संक्रमणों के लिए सही विकल्प नहीं हैं। उदाहरण के लिए, अधिकांश गले में खराश, खांसी और सर्दी, फ्लू, COVID या तीव्र साइनसिसिस मूल रूप से वायरल होते हैं (बैक्टीरिया नहीं) और एंटीबायोटिक्स की आवश्यकता नहीं होती है। ये वायरल संक्रमण “आत्म-सीमित” हैं, जिसका अर्थ है कि आपकी अपनी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली आमतौर पर वायरस से लड़ने की कोशिश करेगी।
वायरल संक्रमण के लिए एंटीबायोटिक दवाओं का उपयोग करने से एंटीबायोटिक प्रतिरोध का खतरा बढ़ सकता है। एंटीबायोटिक प्रतिरोधी बैक्टीरिया एंटीबायोटिक द्वारा पूरी तरह से बाधित या मारे नहीं जा सकते हैं, भले ही एंटीबायोटिक प्रतिरोध होने से पहले प्रभावी ढंग से काम करता हो। यह प्रभावी उपचार के लिए आपके विकल्पों को भी कम कर सकता है यदि एक माध्यमिक संक्रमण को अंततः एंटीबायोटिक की आवश्यकता होती है। अनावश्यक एंटीबायोटिक दवाओं का उपयोग करने से आपको साइड इफेक्ट और अतिरिक्त लागत का खतरा होता है।
10 Common Infections Treated with Antibiotics
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Otitis Media (Ear Infection)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Streptococcal Pharyngitis (Strep Throat)
- Traveller’s diarrhoea
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Top 10 List of Generic Antibiotics
- sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- amoxicillin and clavulanate
Top 10 List of Brand Name Antibiotics
- Flagyl, Flagyl ER
- Bactrim, Bactrim DS
Top 10 List of Antibiotic Classes for Throat Infection (Types of Antibiotics)
Kids or adults who are allergic to penicillin may be able to take one of these antibiotics instead:
- Azithromycin (Zithromax, Zmax, Z-Pak)
- Cephalosporins, including cefixime (Suprax), cefuroxime (Ceftin), and cephalexin (Keflex)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Clindamycin (Cleocin)
Causes of sore throat include:
- Viruses, such as those that cause colds or flu
- Bacteria group A strep, which causes strep throat (also called streptococcal pharyngitis)
- smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke
- Of these, virus infection is the most common cause of sore throat.
Strep throat is an infection of the throat and tonsils caused by bacteria. These bacteria are called group A streptococcus (also known as Streptococcus pyogenes).
Symptoms of Sore Throat
A sore throat can make swallowing painful. The sore throat may also feel dry and scratchy. A sore throat can be a symptom of strep throat, the common cold, allergies, or another upper respiratory tract disease. Viruses can cause sore throat or symptoms similar to those of bacteria called group A streptococcus.
Sometimes the following symptoms suggest that a virus is causing the illness rather than strep throat:
- Running nose
- Hoarseness (changes in your voice that make it breathless, hoarse, or strained)
- Conjunctivitis (also called pink eye)
When to seek medical care
Talk to your doctor if you or your child has symptoms of a sore throat. They may need to test you or your child for strep throat.
Also, see a doctor if you or your child has any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty swallowing
- Blood in saliva or phlegm
- Excessive salivation (in young children)
- Joint swelling and pain
This list is not all-inclusive. Please see your doctor for any serious or related symptoms. If symptoms do not improve or get worse within a few days, see a doctor. Tell your doctor if you or your child gets frequent sore throats.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022, Mobile No Tracker Online, Ayush Full Form, Mobile Locator, Free Career Guide, Simple Typing Test in Hindi, Driving License Download, My Individual Business, Niece Meaning in Hindi.
Treatment of Throat infection
- The doctor will determine what type of disease you have by asking about the symptoms and doing a physical exam. Sometimes they will even strangle you.
- The bacteria cause strep throat, and antibiotics are needed to treat the infection and prevent rheumatic fever and other complications. A doctor cannot tell whether someone has a sore throat just by looking at the throat. If your doctor thinks you may have a sore throat, they can test you to determine if it is causing your illness.
- Anyone with strep throat should stay home from work, school, or daycare unless they have a fever and take antibiotics for at least 12 hours.
- So if a virus is causing a sore throat, antibiotics will not help. Most sore throats will get better on their own within a week. Your doctor may prescribe or suggest other medicine to help you feel better.
- And when antibiotics are no longer needed, they won’t help you, and their side effects can still harm you. Side effects can range from mild reactions, such as a rash, to more serious health problems. These problems can include severe allergic reactions, antibiotic-resistant infections and C. difficile infections. C. Intra causes diarrhoea which can lead to severe colon damage and death.
What is the strongest antibiotic for infection?
Scientists have modified a powerful antibiotic called vancomycin so it is once more potent against life-threatening bacterial infections. Researchers say a more potent compound could eliminate the threat of antibiotic resistance for many years to come.
What kills bacterial infections of the throat?
The most common strep throat treatment is antibiotics, such as penicillin or amoxicillin. Research shows that just referring a sore throat to a doctor warrants a prescription for antibiotics, even though viral infections cause 85 to 90 per cent of sore throats in adults.
Is azithromycin better than amoxicillin?
In adults with acute sinusitis, a 3-day course of azithromycin was as effective and well-tolerated as a 10-day course of amoxicillin/clavulanic acid. A fairly simple dosage regimen and rapid clinical effect were advantages of azithromycin.
What are the 3 most common antibiotics?
The main types of antibiotics include Penicillins – example, phenoxymethylpenicillin, flucloxacillin and amoxicillin. Cephalosporins – for example, cefaclor, cefadroxil and cefalexin. Tetracyclines – for example, tetracycline, doxycycline and lymecycline.
Is azithromycin good for sore throat?
A Z-pack usually takes at least five days to fully work, but it may start to relieve your sore throat and other symptoms from day one. If your doctor prescribes a generic version of azithromycin, your treatment may last only three days.
Is Azithral 500 good for throat infection?
Azithral 500 Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passages, skin and soft tissues. It is also used to treat enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infections caused by contact with an infected person
What is Augmentin 625 used for?
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet 10 is commonly prescribed to prevent middle ear and sinus infections, respiratory tract infections of the throat or lungs, urinary tract infections, skin infections, soft tissue infections, dental infections, and joint and bone infections.
What is the safest antibiotic?
Penicillins are the oldest of antibiotics and are generally safe (but they can cause side effects like diarrhoea, skin rash, fever, and more). FQ is the newest group of antibiotics.
What is the most prescribed antibiotic?
The most commonly prescribed antibiotics were azithromycin, amoxicillin, amoxicillin/clavulanate, ciprofloxacin and cephalexin. No significant changes were found in individual or overall annual antibiotic prescribing rates during the study period