Election Commission of India Voters List: The Election Commission of India (ECI) is a constitutional body under the ownership of the Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India. It was established by the Constitution of India to conduct and regulate elections in the country. The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) is the premier guardian of the ballot. Its principal role is to enforce and administer all laws and regulations relative to the conduct of elections, plebiscites, initiatives, referendums and recalls. Hence we can say, an election is a formal group decision-making process by which a population chooses an individual or multiple individuals to hold public office. election commission of india voters list 2019
भारत का चुनाव आयोग (ईसीआई) भारत सरकार के कानून और न्याय मंत्रालय के स्वामित्व वाला एक संवैधानिक निकाय है। यह भारत के संविधान द्वारा देश में चुनाव कराने और विनियमित करने के लिए स्थापित किया गया था। चुनाव आयोग (COMELEC) मतपत्र का प्रमुख संरक्षक है। इसकी प्रमुख भूमिका चुनाव, जनमत संग्रह, पहल, जनमत संग्रह और स्मरण के संचालन से संबंधित सभी कानूनों और विनियमों को लागू करना और उनका प्रशासन करना है। चुनाव एक औपचारिक समूह निर्णय लेने की प्रक्रिया है जिसके द्वारा एक जनसंख्या सार्वजनिक पद धारण करने के लिए एक व्यक्ति या कई व्यक्तियों को चुनती है।
How to check your name is on Voter List Online?
Having a voter ID card is not enough for a person to be eligible to vote in an election in India. Before the elections, the person should check whether his or her name is present on the voter list or not. Therefore, the election commission has made it possible for a person to check their name on the voter list online. So just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the website http://electoralsearch.in/.
- After visiting the website you can search for your name on the voter list by two methods.
- The first method is by clicking on the ‘Search by Details’ option.
- Individuals who wish to check if their names have been included in the voter’s list or those who wish to check any details pertaining to their Voter ID card can do so by following the steps outlined below:
- Visit the National Voter’s Service Portal, the official website for all voter-related information run by the Election Commission of India.
- Select the ‘Search Your Name in Electoral Roll’ option from among those provided.
- Pick from the search options available (and listed above) and enter the details accordingly.
- Therefore the results will be displayed on the screen depending on the information being available in the database.
- Individuals who have registered to vote should make it a point to check the electoral roll to ensure their name is mentioned to avoid being denied the right to vote at elections. In case of a name is absent from the database, the individual can contact the nearest electoral office and notify the officer of this.
Search your name on the electoral list by entering your details
- Enter all your personal details on the website such as your name, date of birth, age and constituency of residence, from where you have been registered as a voter.
- Next enter the code that you are seeing on the captcha image and then click on search. If you are able to see your name below the submit button, your name is on the voter list, otherwise, there is a very good chance that your name is missing from the voters’ list.
Search your name in Voter List by EPIC number
- Enter the EPIC number in the box. Then select the state of your residence.
- Next, type the code that you see in the captcha image.
- If your name is on the voters’ list then you will be able to see the name below the submit otherwise there is a very good chance that your name is not on the voters’ list. election commission of india voters list 2019 pdf
How to Download Voter List?
- Visit the website eci.nic.in/ .
- On the side of the page, you will see the option ‘PDF Electoral Roll’.
- After clicking on the link, a page containing the link to the electoral roll of all the states will open.
- Then click on the state from where you are registered as a voter.
- After clicking on the state in which you reside, you will see a list of districts that belong to that state.
- Click on the district in which you reside.
- Then after clicking on the name of the district, you will see a list of AC names on the page. Click on the AC name from which you are registered to vote.
- Next, you will see a list of polling stations belonging to that AC. Select the option ‘Draft Roll’ next to your polling station.
- Then you should be able to see the voting list and download the voter ID.
Importance of the Voting List
The electoral roll is a document that lists the names of registered voters for a particular constituency.
In the electoral roll, there is no discrimination against anyone on any parameter. The document also ensures that the election process is carried out in a procedural manner.
The list also ensures that if your name is not present on the list, you will be denied the right to vote.
The updating process in the voters’ list is also important as all those people who have turned 18 years of age and are eligible to vote, provided they have their names added to the list. The names of people who are deceased but still have their names on the voters’ list will be removed.
The updation process of electoral rolls also confirms that no fake voters have been included in the list. This has proved to be a major problem in the past.
The following details are included in the electoral roll:
- The full name of the person
- Date of birth
- Signature sample
- National ID number
- Registration address
- Code of the polling station
- Name of the polling station
- Area or locality
The electoral authorities use these details to authorise the person’s identity at the election booths.
Voter ID Online Registration
A Voter ID Card is also known as an Elector’s Photo Identity Card. So this card is issued to all eligible voters who apply for it. A Voter ID card is necessary to cast your vote in the elections of your constituency, state and country. When you successfully apply for Voter ID, you will be listed on the electoral rolls. So the electoral roll is a list of all eligible people who can vote called a voter list. Therefore registration for your Voter ID is simple, and there are different avenues to apply.
Who can apply for Voter Id card registration
All eligible citizens of India who have attained the age of 18 on the qualifying date can apply for a Voter ID card. There are three categories of applicants:
- General Resident Electors
- Overseas/NRI Electors
- Service Electors
How to Register for New Voter ID Card for different categories
General Elector: Apply for voter ID card Online for Resident Indians
General Electors are ordinary citizens of India who are residing in the country. You should be at least 18 years old on the qualifying date of January 1st.
Obtaining the right form
- Visit the official website of the Election Commission.
- Click on National Voter’s Service Portal. You will be redirected to the NVSP website.
- Then click on Apply online for registration of a new voter
- nvsp form 6 will open up for you to fill in.
Filling and submitting nvsp Form 6
- You can choose your preferred language from Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Hindi, English, Punjabi, Tamil, Telegu, and Urdu.
- Select your State and your Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency.
- Then enter your details that include:
- Age and Date of birth
- Details of place of birth
- Father’s/Mother’s/ Husband’s Name
- Contact details
- Details of family members who are already enrolled.
- Any field marked with an asterisk is a mandatory field and has to be filled in.
- You can then upload supporting documents:
- A recent coloured passport-sized photo
- Scanned copy of proof of residence
- Scanned copy of proof of age/identity
- Then enter your place and date of filling in the form.
- You can save your filled form and continue at a later time. So if you’ve completed your form, you can click on Submit.
Post Submission Procedure
- Your form will be displayed on the notice board of the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) inviting objections. If any objection needs to be made by anyone, they have a one-week window.
- After this period, an order will be given to include your name on the electoral roll.
- In case of any objections, then the ERO or Assistant Electoral Registration Officer (AERO) will hear the applicant and the objector’s cases.
- You will receive notice of whether your name has been included in the Electoral Roll or not by post and SMS on the number you provide.
- Electoral Rolls can be viewed on the state’s Chief Electoral Officer’s website.
FAQs on Voter List
How can I register on the voter list?
To register on the voter list, all you need to do is apply for a new EPIC. So this automatically puts you on the voter list. In the event that you are not registered on the voter list, visit the NVSP website to file a complaint.
How can find my name on the voter list?
To find your name on the voter list, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official NVSP website.
- Then click on ‘Search your name in an electoral roll’.
- Under the tab ‘Search by details’, fill in all the required details.
- So if your name appears, it means that your name is on the voter list.
How to download the voter list?
The voter list can be downloaded from the ECI (Election Commission of India) website.
How to check if your name is already there on the voter list?
You can determine whether your name is on the voter list by clicking on ‘Search your name in electoral roll’ on the official NVSP website.
What do I do in case I do not find my name on the voter list?
Some of the reasons your name is missing from the voter list are:
- You’ve changed your constituency.
- If you’ve deleted the name.
- There is a technical glitch. election commission of india voters list 2019 ap